Friday, November 22, 2013

Thriving Through the Holidays

Through the month of December, I am running a special holiday nutrition program. This program is going to be online, so that you can participate on your own time, from the comfort of your own home.

Here is a look at the nutritional topics that will be covered in this program:
1. This program will NOT feature a specific diet. I won't be telling you what can and cannot eat.
Instead, we are going to discuss three main food topics: sugar, water, and vegetables. I'll give you a list of foods that naturally work to stabilize blood sugar levels, so that your body won't be so affected by all the extra sugar you are eating in the form of holiday goodies. I will follow this up with recommendations on how to incorporate some of these foods into your diet.

We will also discuss some minor changes you can make with your current vegetable and water intake, that will make an enormous difference in your energy level. I won't ask you to eat anything that you don't like. The key here, is that we will work with what you are already doing, so that any changes made are simple. I know you are BUSY during the holidays, so I want to make things as easy as possible for you.

2. This program is not based on deprivation. You will still be allowed to indulge in your favorite holiday goodies. I know I said it already, but I'm going to stress it again. I will not tell you what you cannot eat. Frankly, that would be a waste of my time, and would be unrealistic. Part of thriving through the holidays, is allowing yourself some indulgences. I get that, and I encourage that. This nutritional program is about working with what you're eating, not changing what you're eating altogether.

3. We will be focusing on more than just food. We will touch on stress management, sleep, alcohol, and setting healthy boundaries for yourself and your family, so that you can enjoy the holiday season without getting pulled into a million directions.

4. Recipes! Along with all of the other great content, you will receive a couple of recipes each week. These recipes will focus on holiday dishes made healthy. This way you can still go all out for Christmas dinner, but you can also feel great about the dishes that you are feeding your family.

How will this program work? 
1. It's all online for your convenience. Each Monday in December, I will send you an email with a video that introduces the topic of the week, a few downloads with additional nutritional information, a page of recommendations for you to implement into your diet, and a few recipes.

This way, you can review the information on your own time, and you can review the information anywhere, whether in your own bed, or at your mother-in-law's house. 

2. You will receive a one on one consultation with me. This consultation will take place over the phone, during the second week of December, and will last approximately 45 minutes. This way, we will have an opportunity to discuss any questions that you have, and review your specific needs, in order to give you more individualized recommendations. This consultation is valued at $98.00, but comes complementary with the cost of the program!

If you have any additional questions about this program, you can email me at abby.shroka@gmail.com

The deadline to register is Sunday, December 1st, 2013. 

The cost of the program is $75.00

I love love love the Christmas season. I truly believe that it is the best time of the year. I love the sappy Christmas movies, the decorations, the generosity that people have towards one another, the family gatherings, the Christmas music, and even the food. (Yes I love holiday food, despite the fact that I am a health coach). It's so sad to me when I hear others talk about how taxing the holiday season is for them. Phrases like "I'm doing my best to just survive the season," or "It's all I can do to just survive through this month," and "I'm just trying to survive right now, but come January I will…" One thing that all of these phrases has in common; survival. How sad is that? The holiday season should be the best time of the year. A time where you, your family, and your life should really THRIVE.

If you are someone that gets caught in survival mode during the holiday season, I really hope that you will consider signing up for this 30 day nutritional program. It may very well be one of best investments you make for yourself during this season.

Wishing you all Health, Hope, & Happiness
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment