Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Keeping It Simple

Today I kept it really simple. I've been traveling a lot so I'm exhausted and frazzled. My mind is in a million places with all the things that I need to do. I've been avoiding spending that one on one time with God in the last couple of days, which is not something I'm proud of. But honestly, I just don't feel that I have the time or the energy to give to anyone right now, God included. However, I NEED that time. The more frazzled I am, the more overwhelmed I am, the more exhausted I am, the more I need God.  I finally resorted to a simple prayer because it's all I had to give:

God I need more of you. Set a fire in my soul that I can't contain, that I can't control. I want more of you. Give me a hunger and thirst for righteousness. A hunger and thirst for your presence, a hunger and thirst for an intimate relationship with you. Fill me with your unfailing love. Let the power of your Holy Spirit come upon me. Fill every single nook and cranny of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment