Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Prayers for Self Control and Discipline Pertaining to Gluttony

These past few months on the blog I have been talking a lot about gluttony, food addiction, and control. (see below for more info on these specific topics).  You know I'm not going to mention these topics without providing some healing prayers for you! Below is a recap of this month's prayers. They are aimed at using the power of the Holy Spirit in order to live steadfast, self controlled lives. Please note that this doesn't just pertain to food and our eating habits, it pertains to all areas of your life. Please feel free to use the prayers in whatever areas of your life you feel are not controlled by the Holy Spirit, just know that the focus on this blog and of these prayers is food.

1. Lord I pray against any temptation that may come against me to over-indulge and over-consume food. I thank you for your promise that I will not be tempted beyond my ability to refrain. I ask that you would reveal any area where I am over-indulging or over-consuming that I may not be aware of, so that I can repent.

2. Lord I ask for a sound mind and self control in ALL areas of my life. Lord I especially pray over (your weakness). Please fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit in order to stay self controlled, so that this weakness won't control me.

3. Lord, please forgive me for all the times I've used food to fill a void that only you were meant to fill. Help me to realize when I am emotionally eating, and when I let food have more control over my life than you do.  Lord, I don't want to have any other Gods before you, including food. I invite you to be the one and only Lord of my life.

4. Lord, give me the desire to continually die to myself and to my flesh. Help me to instead live in the spirit, and live for you alone, doing everything for the glory of God.


You can find more information on the following topics by clicking on the links below:

Gluttony
Food Addiction, Is It Real?
Sugar Addiction
Self Control and Discipline
10 Steps to Dealing with Sugar Addiction
52 Weeks, 52 Prayers

Wishing you all Health, Hope, & Happiness
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment