Monday, June 24, 2013

June's "Oil of the Month" is ... Oregano

I use Oregano Oil more than any other oil that I own.

The best thing about this oil is that it's used to fight off colds, and it does a better job than any other over the counter product I've ever tried. I have a pretty weak immune system, so once I feel a cold coming on, it's usually too late to stop it. If a cold is going around, I'm going to get it. However, since I've used Oregano Oil, I haven't had one cold! Seriously, not one.

Oregano Oil is a natural immune stimulant, which means it strengthens your immune system so that it will fight off colds more effectively. I apply this oil at night, before I go to bed. You know those nights when your throat is feeling a little scratchy and you have a headache, or a lump in your throat; all the tell tale signs of waking up sick in the morning? Yeah, those are the nights that I make sure to apply it. I also apply it when I know I'm more susceptible to getting sick. For instance, if I'm up really late, and I'm not going to get very much sleep, or if I've been around someone with the flu all day, I'll apply some Oregano Oil before bed, just to be safe.

To apply it, I place one drop on the heel of my foot. Some information says that this oil should be diluted, because it can cause skin irritation (drying out of the skin), but I have never had a problem. I know many people that apply the oil directly to the skin. If you decide not to dilute the oil, just remember that a little bit goes a long way. One drop is plenty. If you do want to dilute it, use a 1:3 ratio, or 1 drop of Oregano Oil, or every 3 drops of carrier oil. I would suggest diluting this oil if you plan on using it on your children, otherwise, just apply it directly.

Oregano Oil is also really well priced. It is fairly cheap, and because it is used so sparingly, it will last forever. If you are interested in trying Oregano Oil for yourself, you can order it here: www.mydoterra.com/abbyshroka  Click on "shop for products" in the top right hand corner. After entering the country of shipping, click on "single oils" to find Oregano Oil.

For those of you who are interested in all natural cleaning supplies, next month, I will be featuring an oil that I use for cleaning in my kitchen. Subscribe to this blog to make sure you don't miss it!

Wishing you all Health, Hope, & Happiness
Abby

If you missed last month's essential oil, click here, to read all about Thyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment